Here are some easy ways to get the most out of your blog.
1. Think of your blog as ‘back door’ marketing, you are going to be talking about the most engaging topics you can find in order to get your audience to read your posts, this will mean that you are not promoting your products in an overt way but instead building a relationship with your audience.
2. Your blog readers will then be more open to checking out your products if they have enjoyed your posts so make sure you have a link back to your site in every post. This is important as you can also repurpose your blog posts as social media content and it is a way of pulling readers back to your site.
3. On your blog put a little email box above your post like this (see below), people who like your posts are far more likely to sign up. Notice that the box is only asking for an email address, the less work a reader has to do the more likely they are to fill in the form.
4. Go to Google Trends for your country and then go to hot searches. On the UK Google trends site a current hot search is Amber Rose. A great blog post could start with a title, What makes Amber Rose so fascinating/beautiful/angry/? etc. Your post now has a theme which makes it much easier to come up with content.
5. Use Google keyword planner to find other highly searched terms which can be sprinkled throughout your content.
6. Repurpose your content.. Once you have your blog post you can convert it into social media posts, videos, newsletter articles etc to get the most value out of your work.
7. The purpose of the post is to get people back to your site and build an email list, you can then send out product promotions along with your newsletter, this is how you convert readers to customers using ‘back door’ marketing.
BIG BONUS TIP
Study what the most successful beauty bloggers do in their posts and their marketing and emulate them. Here is a link to an article about the Top 50 beauty Bloggers.
I hope you found this article helpful, if you have any questions you can contact me at this link.
Bye for Now
Beauty Industry Social Media